Re: guile-doc-snarf replaced in the Makefile for scwm

From: Marius Vollmer
Subject: Re: guile-doc-snarf replaced in the Makefile for scwm
Date: 10 Sep 2002 21:10:43 +0200

P Pareit <address@hidden> writes:

> The documentation says to use guile-snarf to generate the .x files
> that gets included in the initializing functions.

That is correct.

> For the .c.doc rule I was suggested to use guile-tools c2doc, but my
> installation did not include c2doc and I also did not find
> documentation for it. And the rule does not get used so I throw it
> out.

So Scwm doesn't make any use of .doc files?

> I also think it is not needed to remove the generated files if
> guile-snarf fails as guile-snarf will do when given file to output ,
> so I could even change this to:

The "-o OUTPUT" option needs to come before the input file, like so:

.c.x:
        guile-snarf -o $@ $< $(DEFS) $(INCLUDES) $(CPPFLAGS) $(CFLAGS)
.cc.x:
        guile-snarf -o $@ $< $(DEFS) $(INCLUDES) $(CPPFLAGS) $(CFLAGS)

This variant will work with both 1.6.0 and the unofficial 1.4.x
series, I think.  Putting "$<" at the very end will only work with
1.6.0 (I think).

> If someone could confirm I'm right? This way I can start changing
> autogen.sh for scwm and send in a patch.

>From the Guile point of view, you are right.  When Scwm needs the .doc
files, we need to find a solution for that as well.  (We need to find
a solution anyway and probably "c2doc" is it.)