syntax-case problems

From: Ingo Ruhnke
Subject: syntax-case problems
Date: 14 Sep 2002 12:11:20 +0200

Hi,

I am trying to define a simple macro which should transform a:

(mydefine a 5)

into:

(define a-var 5)

The following code should be correct for that and it works in
mzscheme, but doesn't work in Guile 1.6.0:

(use-modules (ice-9 syncase))
(define-syntax mydefine
  (lambda (expr)
    (syntax-case
     expr ()
     ((_ var value)
      (with-syntax ((newvar (string->symbol
                             (string-append
                              (symbol->string (syntax-object->datum
                                               (syntax var)))
                              "-var"))))
                   (syntax (define newvar value))))
     )))

guile> (mydefine a 5)
ERROR: encountered raw symbol in macro output a-var
ABORT: (misc-error)

Anything I am doing wrong or is this a bug in guile? Is there anywork
around beside using define-macro or eval?

Games:    http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/gamedesigns/
JabberID: address@hidden
ICQ:      59461927