Re: opening wrong version libguilereadline

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: opening wrong version libguilereadline
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 00:08:10 -0500

Arno Peters <address@hidden> writes:

> I am working with a recent Guile CVS snapshot in /usr/local.  I also
> have Guile 1.4 installed in /usr.  I am unable to use readline in
> version 1.7; Guile aborts due to a SIGKILL signal.  By contrast
> version 1.4 works ok.  Below is a strace of Guile 1.7.0 that shows
> what files are read.  The actual strace is much larger and I can mail
> it upon request.
>
> From what I can judge, libtool picks up the wrong version of the
> library.  This may point to a bug in handling multiple versions of the
> same library in different locations.

Do you have either LD_LIBRARY_PATH or LTDL_LIBRARY_PATH set to include
/usr/local/lib?  If you don't, you must.  Guile loads dynamic
libraries using libtool's libltdl, and libltdl doesn't look in
/usr/local/lib the way ld.so does by default.  See Guile's INSTALL
file for more details.

--
Rob Browning
Previously @cs.utexas.edu