Re: 1.6.0 problems with libguilereadline-v-12 and fix

From: Paul Jarc
Subject: Re: 1.6.0 problems with libguilereadline-v-12 and fix
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 18:17:32 -0400

Rob Browning <address@hidden> wrote:
> You're right though, that even with this fix, and with a modified
> libltdl that respects the same things that ld.so does, you still have
> some of the same "do we use -rpath, require LD_LIBRARY_PATH, or
> something else" questions for guile when it's installed outside of
> /usr or /usr/local.

If libltdl is so modified, then regardless of what Guile does, -rpath
will at least be *available* for those who want tp use it, and
LD_LIBRARY_PATH will (as now) be available for those who don't.  Some
packages provide a ./configure option to specify whether -rpath should
be used automatically.

paul