Re: 1.6.0 problems with libguilereadline-v-12 and fix

From: Paul Jarc
Subject: Re: 1.6.0 problems with libguilereadline-v-12 and fix
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 17:32:53 -0400

Rob Browning <address@hidden> wrote:
> If we wanted to make the dlopened libs behave more like .scm files one
> thing we might be able to do is put guile's prefix/lib dir at the
> *end* of the libltdl search path briefly during a load.

If you mean at the end of LD_LIBRARY_PATH (or whatever libltdl
variable is initialized from that, but *not* other directories), then
that would match how a fixed libltdl (which searches the rpath
directories) would behave.  ld.so (on GNU/Linux, anyway) searches in
this order: LD_LIBRARY_PATH, rpath, ld.so.cache, /lib, /usr/lib.
Appending to LD_LIBRARY_PATH (or equivalent) would be a good interim
measure until libltdl is fixed.

paul