guile 1.6.0 and libltdl question

From: Bo Forslund
Subject: guile 1.6.0 and libltdl question
Date: 28 Sep 2002 00:27:50 +0200

Hello!

I made an rpm package of guile 1.6.0 and when i tried to install it rpm
complained about guile's /usr/lib/libltdl.so.3.1.0 conflicts with file
from package libltdl3-1.4.2-9mdk.

I bundled it togehter in one large package as said in README_PACKAGES
because i don't really understand the idea of splitting packages.

Is it the same libltdl as the one from the libltdl package?

I guess Mandrake need to have libtool and libltdl sometimes. So, do i
need to install the libltdl that comes with guile or can it be omitted?
Or shall libltdl be replaced with the new from one?

Is there a need to recompile libtool to work with libltdl from guile? If
libltdl shall be replaced that is.

Perhaps someone can give some brief explanation about what libltdl is
doing in guile?

It was all i think ;)
Thanks in advance
Bo