Re: gettext bindings

From: Stanislas Pinte
Subject: Re: gettext bindings
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2002 18:51:57 +0200

Neil Jerram wrote:

"Stanislas" == Stanislas Pinte <address@hidden> writes:

    Stanislas> hello,
    Stanislas> I have problems applying the patch

    Stanislas> http://www.glug.org/patches/2001-07-29.gettext-support/

    Stanislas> to the guile-1.6.0.tar.gz sources...

Given the time difference, I wouldn't expect this patch to apply
cleanly.  I believe it is on Marius's TODO list to look at this patch
sometime ...

ISTR that the patch is non-trivial because of its changes to the
reader which could affect performance.  Any thoughts on whether your
use of the patch would need those changes?

I suppose that the changes to the reader are needed just for the xgettext script....

--> I just need the basic gettext binding, I can generate all .po files myself...

I will try to fiddle with the patch manually....

Stan.

        Neil