Re: loading a module via an absolute path

From: Paul Jarc
Subject: Re: loading a module via an absolute path
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 14:21:35 -0400

Ok, I got my modules-with-absolute-paths working, but there is
noticeable friction between it and use-modules.  Is there any chance
of extending use-modules (or providing a cooperating procedure) to
allow things like:
(use-modules ("/path/to/foo.scm" :select ...))
?

Rob Browning <address@hidden> wrote:
>   guile> (use-modules (ice-9 safe))
>   guile> (define msm (make-safe-module))

The main problem I've had with this is that it's too safe.  How do I
create a module with the same bindings as the original "root" module,
after boot-9, etc., was loaded in it?  I.e., the kind use-modules
creates for the libraries it loads?  If there's a way to iterate over
the bindings in a module, I guess I could add them one by one with
module-define!.

>   guile> (module-use! (current-module) msm)
>   #f

Ah - would (module-use! msm (current-module)) do what I want?  Or
would that risk creating a harmful loop if I also import bindings the
other way?

paul