Re: gtk-canvas bindings for guile, second attempt (errata)

From: rm
Subject: Re: gtk-canvas bindings for guile, second attempt (errata)
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 11:00:25 +0200

On Sun, Oct 20, 2002 at 08:23:44PM +0200, Daniel Skarda wrote:

> address@hidden writes:
> >  Since i started adding/modifying code in gtk-canvas anyway i implemented
> >  a ':file' option for GtkCanvasTypeImage (yes, that's working now) which
> > saves
> >  us from implementing a GdkImlibImage type.
>
>   I have not seen gtk-canvas sources, but IMHO it would be better to use
> GdkPixbuf. If you are interested, I send you working GdkPixbuf bindings.

Thank's for the offer, but i think GtkCanvas serves a different purpose.
It's a "high level" widget (kind of 4G language like) that can contain
item objects whcih can be attached to groups. Since groups are canvas items
themself, grouped items can be manipulated as a unit. This comes pretty handy
in applications like interactive graphic editors/plotters etc.
Anyway, where can i find the code for your GdkPixbuf (does it contain bindings
for GdkImlibImage ?) ?

 Ralf Mattes