port to ostream?

From: Steve Pothier
Subject: port to ostream?
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 17:03:37 -0700

I'm interfacing a C++ class library I wrote to Guile 1.6.0.

Inside I have  Print(ostream& os) method that needs to write a scheme
object. I think I should be able to use
  scm_write (SCM obj, SCM port)
to accomplish this except I don't see how to go from the OSTREAM I
have in my method to the PORT that guile wants.

Can anyone point me in the write direction?   I'm going to have to do
the reverse for (read) but I assume if I get it going one way the
opposite direction will be obvious.

I'm brand new to guile, but not to scheme or lisp.  I'm VERY excited
about the possibility of turning much of my C++ coding into scheme
programming. (which is where I'll be if I can get the C++ library
completely wired to guile)

-sp-