Re: guile -s is it necessary?

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: guile -s is it necessary?
Date: 26 Oct 2002 13:22:26 +0100

    Rob> address@hidden (Paul Jarc) writes:
    >> If srfi-22 is to be supported, I'd suggest instead providing a
    >> separate guile-srfi-22 executable

    Rob> That's my current inclination as well.

This isn't the best thread to say this in, but ...

In general, I think we should _not_ jump to implement every SRFI that
gets through the process.  Unfortunately, IMO, the level of review in
that process is not always top quality, and it is too easy for
anything to get through if the author just pushes enough.

In particular, as regards SRFI-22, I think it is regrettable that

- the SRFI has no consideration for non-Unix-like systems

- Guile's existing usage of #! is ignored.

        Neil