Ditching (debug-enable 'backwards) ?

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Ditching (debug-enable 'backwards) ?
Date: 27 Oct 2002 13:04:41 +0000

Does anyone use (debug-enable 'backwards) and have a good reason for
keeping it?

In my view, it makes documenting the debugger harder, is likely to
introduce bugs in the debugger code (if there aren't any there
already), and is simply pointless, so I propose to get rid of it.
(With deprecation, of course ...)

(Cf. the recent discussion on options on gnucash-devel.  I'd say this
is a classic example of a pointless option whose only rationale is
that someone wanted to avoid making a decision.)

        Neil