Re: Ditching (debug-enable 'backwards) ?

From: Keith Wright
Subject: Re: Ditching (debug-enable 'backwards) ?
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 13:43:52 -0500

> From: Thien-Thi Nguyen <address@hidden>
>
>    From: Neil Jerram <address@hidden>
>
>    Does anyone use (debug-enable 'backwards) and have a good
>    reason for keeping it?

It looks like cruft to me.

> it is only pointless if you buy into a philosophy where you
> understand all points a priori.

I buy a philosophy that says you don't throw in things you don't
understand, but I don't buy Philosophy to the point that I try
to make a Zen koan out of every simple programming question.

> ...  generally, orthogonal features can/should be documented in
> a likewise orthogonal style

Maybe the orthogonal way to do this would be to provide a way
to specify a script to be run on the output before displaying
it.  The you can run your debug output through 'tac', 'grep',
'tee', or banner, at your option.

--
     -- Keith Wright  <address@hidden>

Programmer in Chief, Free Computer Shop <http://www.free-comp-shop.com>