Re: guile usage in prototype 3d engine

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: guile usage in prototype 3d engine
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 00:47:41 -0800

   From: "Anton N. Mescheryakov" <address@hidden>
   Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 14:26:29 +0300

   So I would be pleased to read some success/horror stories
   concerning similar guile projects etc.

the guile projects page:

 http://www.glug.org/projects/

has guileGL and SART, and i seem to recall guile-sdl (actually two
implementations?) which wrap(s) libsdl.

   Another thing: is it OK to use u-vectors as 3D/4D coordinates, or I
   need to introduce special smobs, or simply use lists?  Many aspects
   of guile are, er, not especialy well documented, including array
   access.

see guile-xlib for an example of "uniform arrays" usage in the context
of spatial coordinates.  what documentation have you looked at?

generally, it's OK to do anything, and, to do anything is OK.  if you
want to do better than OK, however, you need to find principles and
practices that indicate some quality gradient, and push/pull entropy w/
some discrimination.  what do you mean by "wise configuration"?

thi