Re: gtk2 bindings status

From: Bill Schottstaedt
Subject: Re: gtk2 bindings status
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 07:25:33 -0800

> I can't activate examples:
>      guile -s ./snd-gtk.scm ==> Unbound  dlopen

As the name implies, this one depends on snd (which has dlopen
itself because the libtool/guile versions are (or were for
a long time) broken -- their catchall error message was
"file not found").

> It seems you don't use any gtk.defs.

No, the C code is generated by makexg.scm using the boiled-down
C header data in xgdata.scm.

> What are the diff beetween libxm and guile-gtk?

I think there are more differences than similarities.

> Why 2 bindings?

I needed one that I could build and rely on -- this is an unhappy topic.