Killing threads?

From: Daniel Berntsson
Subject: Killing threads?
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 18:18:44 +0100

I want to run a function, hopefully until it is finished, but not more than a certain amount of time. I intended to do this by running it in a thread, wait until it finishes or the time is up and then kill it if it is still running. But I can't seem to find how to kill a thread. Isn't that possible?

/ Daniel Berntsson