Re: Continuations: possible newbie question

From: Matt Hellige
Subject: Re: Continuations: possible newbie question
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 20:42:29 -0600

[Marius Vollmer <address@hidden>]
> Matt Hellige <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > On the other hand, I'll probably still not end up using this technique
> > to implement my call-backs, given the performance penalties and so on.
> > I hope I can just shuffle things around a bit in my native code...
>
> I would not worry about performance too early.  If you invoke one
> continuation for every key press by the user, that should be no
> problem.

Always good advice, of course. In fact I have implemented it that way
for now. In the end, I think performance will be less of a concern for
me than reliability. I admit that I am still somewhat suspicious of
non-linear continuations and C code... :)

So it may change in the future, but for now with my newly rebuilt
libguile, it works like a charm exactly as we've discussed. Thanks all
for your help and advice.

Matt

--
Matt Hellige                  address@hidden