Re: How guile knows?

From: Lynn Winebarger
Subject: Re: How guile knows?
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 18:25:44 -0500

On Thursday 09 January 2003 22:59, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> Neil Jerram <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Yes.  Variables belong to modules, and I don't believe there's any way
> > of unmaking a module.  (If you think your definitions are nothing to
> > do with modules, they're actually going into the module called
> > (guile-user).)
>
> There should be no way to unmake a module.
>
> But certainly a module gets garbage collected when there are no more
> references, right?

   Since modules have absolute names that can be typed in any time, they
can't be garbage-collected any more correctly than global variable bindings
(i.e. you can't because "references" can exist external to the computer's
memory,
in the future typing of the user).
   Unless I'm mistaken about the absolute naming, of course.

Lynn