Re: guile-www-1.1.1ttn5 available

From: Dale P. Smith
Subject: Re: guile-www-1.1.1ttn5 available
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 06:25:05 -0500

On Mon, 17 Feb 2003 00:43:12 -0800 (PST)
"Noah Roberts" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Dale P. Smith said:
> > On Sun, 16 Feb 2003 12:46:46 -0800 (PST)
> > "Noah Roberts" <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> >> Has anyone thought to make a "mod_guile" which would be an embedded
> >> guile?
> >>  I would probably use such a thing if it was available.
> >>

> > Check this out: http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/mod-guile/
>
> That is pretty neat.  What tag does one use to embed a script in an html
> page?  "<?scheme ?>"?  The info page doesn't seem to say.  Also, what is
> the handler that has to be added in the AddHandler directive for
> httpd.conf?

None.  It effectively just load's a .scm file and all output is sent to
the browser.  So you see url's like http://someplace.org/file.scm .

It does have a brl like interface, using #> and <# instead of ] and [.
Those are .gbrl files.  Guile can't change the meaning of ] and [ unless
you patch the C source, so I settled on a read-hash-extension.

gbrl code looks like:

-Dale

Dale P. Smith
Senior Systems Consultant,      | Treasurer,
Altus Technologies Corporation  | Cleveland Linux Users Group
address@hidden            | http://cleveland.lug.net
440-746-9000 x239               |