Guile 1.4 & C?

From: Robert Uhl <address@hidden>
Subject: Guile 1.4 & C?
Date: 24 Feb 2003 11:13:18 -0700

I've a quick question for the list; the Guile docs I have and the
libguile headers are not being as helpful as I'd like.

I want to execute and get the result of the following snippet of code
from C:

(use-modules (mylib part1) (mylib part2))
(eval (load "a-file"))

For various reasons, I need to pass it over to Guile as a string.
What's the appropriate way to do this?  I could build up a list and call
scm_eval() on it, but that seems like a _lot_ of work.  Perhaps there's
an analogue to more recent versions' scm_c_eval_str()?

--
Robert Uhl <address@hidden>
Virtues foster one another; so too, vices.  Bad English kills trees,