Re: Guile and the Free Software Directory

From: Robert Uhl <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: Guile and the Free Software Directory
Date: 03 Mar 2003 08:00:22 -0700

Marius Vollmer <address@hidden> writes:

> we currently maintain (or used to maintain) a list of Guile related
> code and projects on our web site at
>
>   http://www.gnu.org/software/guile/gnu-guile-projects.html.
>
> I think it would make sense to move most of the entries there into the
> Free Software Directory
>
>   http://www.gnu.org/directory/
>
> What do you all think about this?

It's my opinion that they should not be included without the authors'
permission.  There are, after all, folks who dislike the FSF (not I, but
they do exist); they may be willing to have mention made on guile's page
but not on the FSF's.  Also, I would retain links to the project pages
from the guile site, in order to maintain the ability for folks to see
what projects are using it.

Speaking as an author of a guile-related project (travlib & travtrack),
I'd love to have an entry in the FSD; I've just not had the time to get
around to it.  I'd also love to know if there's an easy way to migrate
from SourceForge to savannah--probably not.

--
Robert Uhl <address@hidden>
Government does not cause affluence.  Citizens of totalitarian countries