Re: Guile and the Free Software Directory

From: rm
Subject: Re: Guile and the Free Software Directory
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 16:37:45 +0100

On Mon, Mar 03, 2003 at 02:12:32PM +0100, Marius Vollmer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we currently maintain (or used to maintain) a list of Guile related
> code and projects on our web site at
>
>   http://www.gnu.org/software/guile/gnu-guile-projects.html.
>
> I think it would make sense to move most of the entries there into the
> Free Software Directory
>
>   http://www.gnu.org/directory/
>
> What do you all think about this?

What do you mean by "move"? While think it migh be a nice idea for
the projects to also show up on the FSD site (but the projects
maintainer should decide) i think there really should be a well-
maintained list of Guile-related software on the Guile website
as well. This is the place people will look at to see the current
state of Guile. I'd hate to have to dig through the FSD to find out
about some Guile bindings to a library (not only is the UI suboptimal,
there's no way to apply a filter to only see 'Guile projects').

What, actually, _is_ the problem with the current setup? From Thi's
comment i grok it's rather a political than a technical, or did i
get something wrong?

> (The task of actually moving the entries can probably not be fully
> automated, so it would be great if we can find some people to help
> with it.)

I'm happy to help keeping the current site up to date ...

  Ralf Mattes