Using (defined? foo) from C.

From: Thamer Al-Harbash
Subject: Using (defined? foo) from C.
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 18:11:17 -0500 (EST)

I'm attempting to do binding reflection with libguile from within
C. However, I cannot find a way to create a symbol without
defining it. There is no way to pass a C string to an equivalent
of scm_definedp() without using scm_define() to create the
symbol in the first place. A bit of a paradox :)

Is there anyway to create a symbol SCM in C without defining it
in the current environment? If not is there a way of passing a C
string as a symbol name to do reflection with? I'm looking for
something as simple as evaluating (defined? foo) where foo is
variable and receive the boolean value back.

--
Thamer Al-Harbash            http://www.whitefang.com/
        (if (> pressure too-much-pressure)