Re: A couple of general-ish questions

From: Matthias Koeppe
Subject: Re: A couple of general-ish questions
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 10:08:15 +0200

Robert Marlow <address@hidden> writes:

> Firstly, I'm starting out writing guile bindings to LDAP and was wanting
> to check if anybody was already working on this before I duplicate their
> effort.
>
> Secondly, I've been trying to do this with g-wrap but I'm completely new
> to g-wrap. Specifically, LDAP has some struct types containing structs
> (containing structs etc etc) and I was unsure how I should represent
> such a nested type using g-wrap (see the LDAP struct typedef for
> example). Does anyone have a clean solution to this?
>
> Or should I not use g-wrap and instead use something else (eg ffcall)?

You could also use SWIG 1.3 (http://www.swig.org) for generating Guile
bindings.  SWIG reads (annotated) C header files, wraps functions and
also creates getters and setters for structs (and classes)
automatically.

--
Matthias Köppe -- http://www.math.uni-magdeburg.de/~mkoeppe
SWIG makes Guile wrappers for C/C++ libs -- http://www.swig.org