Re: PLEASE: debugging embedded guile code

From: Mikael Djurfeldt
Subject: Re: PLEASE: debugging embedded guile code
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 15:52:33 +0200

Neil Jerram <address@hidden> writes:

>     Dale> The answer is lazy-catch. [...]

In fact, it's better to use

  scm_internal_stack_catch

in which case some of the complexity disappears.

> I'm curious about this because the question of error handling keeps
> popping up and I'm wondering whether our current solution is good
> enough.  (With a strong suspicion that it isn't.)

One obvious reason is that there is no documentation.  We should
really have a simple example of how to enable debugging from C and how
to use scm_internal_stack_catch to print out all error information.

Regarding looking for new/better solutions: It's probably good to
follow closely what happens with regard to error handling in the SRFI
process.  Relevant SRFIs are, at least, 34, 18 (exception handlers,
`raise' in thread context), 23, 35, 36.

Mikael