Re: Stupid module and pregexp questions

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: Stupid module and pregexp questions
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 05:44:53 -1100

On 2003-04-28 17:06:24 +0100 Rob Browning <address@hidden> wrote:

Interesting, I didn't know about that, but for my own purposes, I
wrote a simple test-interface to libpcre (use-modules (pcre))...

At least bigloo and plt-scheme use pregexp. It would be very useful if guile could offer a partially compatible interface, regardless of the underlying implementation.

[...]
In the end, I'd just like to have a powerful regex lib whose syntax
and behavior is invariant across all the platforms on which I'm likely
to run guile.

Thoughts?

Good aim, but I'd like the more general: a powerful regex lib whose syntax and behaviour is invariant across all the platforms on which I run scheme.

Is that achievable?

--
MJR   http://mjr.towers.org.uk/   IM: address@hidden
     This is my home web site.   This for Jabber Messaging.

How's my writing? Let me know via any of my contact details.