Re: Around again, and docs lead role

From: Thamer Al-Harbash
Subject: Re: Around again, and docs lead role
Date: Sat, 3 May 2003 19:15:04 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 3 May 2003, Robert Uhl wrote:

> Well, most of them seem to either be print books (which cost dough):

Not always. The Prentice Hall book is available on-line in its entirety.

http://www.scheme.com/tspl2d/

It's about as good as the C K&R book. All one should need
initially.

> To be successful at
> that, it's useful to have a tutorial, particularly when the language is
> as odd as a Lisp dialect can seem as first.  Those unfamiliar with
> Scheme who happen upon Guile are likely to skip past, scared away by the
> parentheses and lack of a thorough introduction.

I propose placing a link from the guile page to an on-line copy
of the Prentice Hall book which is reproduced there with the
permission of the publisher.

--
Thamer Al-Harbash            http://www.whitefang.com/
        (if (> pressure too-much-pressure)