error installing guile from CVS

From: Maarten Grachten
Subject: error installing guile from CVS
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 13:46:56 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

I just checked out the guile module. I go to the guile-core directory and
(since there is no ./configure) issue:

# sh autogen.sh

which gives me:

aclocal: guile-config/guile.m4: 83: duplicated macro `GUILE_FLAGS'
autoreconf2.50: aclocal failed with exit status: 1
 at /usr/bin/autoreconf2.50 line 263

(that's all)

First of all, I'm not completely sure whether this is the right first step
of the compilation process. But if so, does any of you have an idea what
causes this error? Supposing problems with outdated versions of autoconf I
updated to the latest versions of autoconf and automake. I noticed that I
have a /usr/bin/autoreconf which is version 2.53. Strange enough, an
older version, /usr/bin/autoreconf2.50 seems to be invoked.

Thanks for any help,

Maarten Grachten