smobs

From: Dr. Peter Ivanyi
Subject: smobs
Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 17:44:15 +0100

Hi,

How important to use the scm_must_malloc in the smob creation ?
For example I have a structure with some internal data which is only
accessed by the C part of the code and scheme only sees it through some
functions. If I use malloc it crashes at the first garbage collection
with a simple abort (I think this is during gc, since there is no other
error message), and if I use scm_must_malloc it does not crash. The reason
I am asking this because there can be some other bugs as well and I would
like to be sure that I _have_ to use scm_must_malloc.

Thanks,

                                Peter Ivanyi