Guile FAQ additions

From: Ricard Mira
Subject: Guile FAQ additions
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 10:34:41 +0200

Hi.

Here are some questions for the Guile FAQ.  I think they are quite
easy to answer for someone who knows Guile well (and has sent the
relevant legal papers).

Any takers?  (Feel free to fix my grammar and any inaccuracies.)

- Is Guile yet another interpreter for an extension language?
- Is Guile yet another interpreter for the Scheme language?
- Is Guile a competitor to Emacs Lisp, Perl, PHP, Python, etc.?
- Is Guile Scheme really Scheme?
- Why is Scheme the base language for Guile?
- Why does Guile aim to support several extension languages?
- What are "translators"?
- What languages does Guile support in addition to Guile Scheme?
- What is the status of the translator framework, then?
- How do I customize and extend Guile-using programs?
- What programs can I customize and extend through Guile?
- Can I use Guile as a stand-alone interpreter?
- What are the legal terms for incorporating Guile into my program?
- How do I incorporate Guile into my program?
- Is Guile's performance reasonable?
- Is it safe to incorporate Guile into an insecure environment?
- What platforms does Guile support?
- Can Guile help me develop a GUI for my program?
- How can I help you accomplish the important goal of Guile?