primitive inclusion

From: Peter S. Christopher
Subject: primitive inclusion
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 15:08:34 -0500 (CDT)

Hi listers,

        I'm having a problem finding a primitive function in one of my
modules. Here is the setup. I have a C program which (after
booting guile) defines a routine a-la:

scm_c_define_gsubr("dvect?", 1, 0 ,0, dvect_p);

Then the program loads a file using

scm_c_primitive_load("root.scm");

At the top of root.scm I include a module via: (use-modules (slab)) Now
within the text of the slab.scm I expect to use dcect?. However, the guile
cannot reference dvect? -- it can't find it. The problem is that dvect? is
being put in the (guile-user) module. And the slab module can't see it.
I've tried to (use-modules (guile-user)) and this seems to have no effect.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can get it so that the slab module can
see dvect? ?

Thanks for any help,

Pete