Re: libxml2 bindings

From: rm
Subject: Re: libxml2 bindings
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 21:44:46 +0200

On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 08:25:11PM +0100, Nic wrote:
> I've created a libxml2/libxsl binding library for guile.

Sounds great.

> Would it be a good idea to add this to the guile core? I'm think of a
> --with-libxml switch.

I personally don't think a parser/serializer for a markup language
belongs into the core of a programming language (but i guess i'm
getting old :-)

One issue not to underestimate is the licence clash: libxml2 is
distributed under an MIT licence, GUILE has a modified (?) LGPL.
I'd hate to have a dual language core (wasn't there a recent
approach to even get rid of the LGPL modifications?).

 Ralf Mattes

P.S.: any code to look at?