Re: apt based package dist for guile?

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: apt based package dist for guile?
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2003 22:16:47 -0000

Nic <address@hidden> wrote:
> I mean something exclusively for guile packages and probably
> something outside of the Debian project.

It would be more useful to have a cross-implementation system for
extension modules.  Something like an offspring of SLIB and CPAN,
but avoiding the gnarly bits of both.  Such a solution will almost
inevitably be a 90% one, but better than the 0% one we have now.

When I last looked at this, the lexmod code at
http://www.bloodandcoffee.net/campbell/code/ and some way of downloading
the "most appropriate" version for an implementation seemed like a good
idea to me.

Now, cue the flames from the guile fans who can't believe any other
implementation is worth using for anything, or that the guile module
system should be added to all others regardless of their differences.

      http://mjr.towers.org.uk/   jabber://address@hidden