How can I cause embedded guile interpreter to not call abort() on syntax

From: he11hawk
Subject: How can I cause embedded guile interpreter to not call abort() on syntax errors?
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 13:20:08 -0400

Hi All.

I'm using guile for scripting inside a long-running task (number crunching).
Unfortunately, if there's an error in the script, libguile calls abort(),
and that kills the entire process, aborting all calculations.  I'd like
instead to get it to behave like the standalone guile does - just display a
message and continue.  I tried to understand how top-repl works in
boot-9.scm, but failed miserably.  Is there an easy way to get this done, or
will I have to adapt top-repl to my needs somehow?

Currently, I simply call scm_c_eval_string with my script.
Thanks.