Re: Floating Point?

From: Robert Uhl
Subject: Re: Floating Point?
Date: 09 Sep 2003 15:15:28 -0600

"Peter S. Christopher" <address@hidden> writes:

> As I mentioned in my last e-mail, I tried the python-approach and it
> does give some nice performance enhancements.  My problem with it is
> that it's fairly awkward even for some relatively easy algorithms.  I
> think (unless anyone has any ideas;-}) it is as good as we'll get
> unless/until GUILE becomes a compiled language.  (In this later case,
> one could imagine embedding special forms that allow fast array loops
> and other fancy enhancments).

That way lies Common Lisp.  Which isn't all that bad a thing.  Richard
P. Gabriel's Lisp: Good News, Bad News, How to Win Big
<http://www.dreamsongs.com/WIB.html> has made me rethink some of my
previous thoughts on CL.  It needs to be more like Scheme in some ways,
but Scheme could stand to be more like Common Lisp in a lot of ways,
IMHO.

--
Robert Uhl <address@hidden>
Certain televangelists would have you believe Christianity is a bland