Re: Using (SCM)0

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Using (SCM)0
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 16:51:00 +0200

On Fri, Oct 10, 2003 at 04:38:56PM +0200, Marius Vollmer wrote:
> Yes.  (SCM)0 will be interpreted as a pointer to a cell at address 0,
> which will segfault.

Sure.  Actually I meant the following: Suppose I have a structure with
an SCM field and I use calloc () to allocate it; can I write in my code
something like:

  if (object->field == (SCM)0)
    /* Unitialized, assume there is no "real" Scheme object here */
  else
    /* Assume object->field is a "real" Scheme object */

Thanks,
Ludovic.