Re: Stupid module and pregexp questions

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: Stupid module and pregexp questions
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 13:38:03 -0500

   From: Tom Lord <address@hidden>
   Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 15:30:05 -0700 (PDT)

   I can try to write up a "case for shared substrings" if that would be
   helpful.

that's not necessary, 1.4.1.x will never remove shared substrings.  if
there are design problems down the road, they will be solved keeping
shared substrings.  (your help at that time would be very welcome.)

   Yikes.  I'm scared to ask what version of Rx you are using.   You
   _should_ (really) be using the latest and greatest in libhackerlab,
   which is not currently in release.

i think i'll stick w/ what i have for 1.4.2, and then look at
incorporating the latest Rx later (first the framework, and then the
implementation improvements).

   However, by shocking coincidence, I was just today semi-preparing to
   set-up a savannah libhackerlab project and get it back out there
   (separately from arch, in which it happens to be included).

cool.

   A nice side effect of that: systas (which I'm not planning on
   re-releasing anytime soon but which is trivially available in my
   public archives) has a nice libsystas binding for the latest and
   greatest rx.  It'd probably take like 2hrs at most to port it to
   guile.

   [sre example]

do it, man.  at some point after 1.4.2 i will take (this branch of)
guile strict GPL and reap all the goodies out there.

thi