Threads with foreign functions

From: Ola Leifler
Subject: Threads with foreign functions
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 11:40:13 +0100

Hi!

I'm trying to control an application written in C (LGeneral by Michael Speck) through Guile by using some SWIG-generated bindings that I load from a dynamic library. This library is created by libtool automagically.

However, when I try to use the main function for starting the game from Guile, call-with-new-thread does not return though I can see that the new thread is actually running. Any ideas?

$ guile -l guile-agent.scm
guile> (use-modules (guile_agent))
guile> (call-with-new-thread lgeneral (lambda args (display "Error")))
LGeneral 1.1.1
Copyright 2001,2002 Michael Speck
Published under GNU GPL
---
Looking up data in: /usr/share/games/lgeneral

/Ola

--
address@hidden Dept. of Computer and Information Science
Linkopings universitet