Re: Rudimentary BASIC->Guile converter

From: Luca Saiu
Subject: Re: Rudimentary BASIC->Guile converter
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 15:50:53 +0100

address@hidden wrote:
> [About linking to all known X-to-Guile translators from the Guile
> web pages]
Isn't this a known problem (?) of the "official" GNU websites? No links
to certain projects?

As a GNU maintainer I am informed about that; a GNU Project policy forbids to link to pages which are commercial-oriented or which advertise proprietary software (and I think this policy is reasonable and coherent, but that's another matter); surely there is no problem in linking to a page describing the translator project, if (a) it's free software and if (b) its web page satisfies the constraints above. Even if (b) doesn't hold for a given translator at least a link to the project tarball (and the author's e-mail address, if the author agrees) can be *surely* included, without any problem.

In my opinion the best thing to do would be creating an apposite category in the Free Software Directory, filling it and then linking from the Guile pages to the directory.

  Regards,

--
Luca Saiu, maintainer of GNU epsilon
http://www.gnu.org/software/epsilon