Guile is a great idea, but where's the community?

From: Pierre Bernatchez
Subject: Guile is a great idea, but where's the community?
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 12:04:23 -0500

I'm hoping to find out something about the true status
of the guile project.

To put things in perspective, I love the idea of guile and I think
there was no better choice than scheme for the language to use.
The potential benefits of a community of (hopefully GP L) developers supporting guile is huge.

So my question is this:

Since Guile seems to have reached a certain initial level of
maturity as a project, where can I find evidence of a thriving,
or at least an emerging community of guile users and developers?

At first glance one gets the impression that the project is
floundering for lack of a community.
What is the true status of the guile project?

Sorry for posting to both lists, there doesn't seem to be
much activity on either and I am trying to reach as many
guile aware people as I can.

I would suggest you post follow ups only to the guile-user list.