Re: First look at Guile Std Library available

From: Richard Todd
Subject: Re: First look at Guile Std Library available
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 14:42:12 -0600

On Sat, Jan 03, 2004 at 08:02:18PM -0600, Richard Todd wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 03, 2004 at 01:19:49PM -0500, Clinton Ebadi wrote:
> > Grep the slib sources for all instances of "provide" and then generate a
> > new
> > file "std/slib/symbol-that-is-provided.scm" that does a (use-modules (ice-9
> > slib)), does a (require 'symbol-that-is-provided) and then exports all the
> > symbols in the current model to the outside world

<snip>

> > (set-module-uses! %module-public-interface
> >                   (list (nested-ref the-root-module '(app modules std slib
> > symbol-that-is-provided))))
>
> I'm not familiar with the set-module-uses! interface, so I'm not sure
> what you are getting at there.  The guile info pages seem to be silent
> on them as well.  Any hints?

I'm going to start investigating this in the guile code taday, but I thought
I'd ask again in case someone can just tell me: What does that set-module-uses!
expression quoted above mean?  I assume this is attempting to export the slib
functions that were just 'require'd, right?  When I tried it verbatim (except
for symbol-that-is-provided, of course!) guile freaked out on me.

Richard