Re: number->string radix patch (Was Re: First look at Guile Std Library

From: Richard Todd
Subject: Re: number->string radix patch (Was Re: First look at Guile Std Library available)
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 23:26:45 -0600

On Tue, Jan 06, 2004 at 09:04:03PM -0700, Robert Uhl wrote:
> Cool!  It's always annoyed me how broken number->string was.
>
> Of course, now my one idea for how to contribute to Guile is gone.

There's plenty of things that people can do!  And they definitely
don't have to be in libguile.  (I've been arguing for the last few
days that the most important work right now is actually _outside_, in
the reusable module arena).

> Seriously, thanks very much.  I really do hope that this makes it into
> the main branch.

You are welcome!  I took a couple days off to have my wisdom teeth
pulled, so I've had an odd combination of free time and poinkillers
for the last couple days.  Your mail got my attention last night, and
I couldn't resist giving it a try.

Please, if you haven't, do try this patch and tell me if you see any
problems with the conversions.  Once you agree that it seems to be
working, I'll clean it up and see if the maintainers want the change.

Richard