Re: number->string radix patch (Was Re: First look at Guile Std Library

From: Robert Uhl
Subject: Re: number->string radix patch (Was Re: First look at Guile Std Library available)
Date: 07 Jan 2004 13:54:37 -0700

Richard Todd <address@hidden> writes:

> > Of course, now my one idea for how to contribute to Guile is gone.
>
> There's plenty of things that people can do!

Perhaps I should better have written, 'the one area I might have had
something to contribute in is now gone.'  I'm not very good at
programming, I'm afraid, despite how much I like it.  Sad but true.

The general radix conversion algorithm was the one thing I though I
might have a chance at.  Of course, I couldn't wrap my head around the
_old_ code, so that's really rather doubtful.

> Please, if you haven't, do try this patch and tell me if you see any
> problems with the conversions.

I'm afraid that I don't actually have an up-to-date guile installation
to test against.  Maybe this'll give me an incentive to do it.

The one thought I had was that it should be possible to do away with the
static array initialisation.  Maybe someday I'll be able to work on
_that_:-)

Once again, thanks for the good work.

--
Robert Uhl <address@hidden>
The power of Satan is as nothing before the might of the Lord, so don't