I get unknown immediate error in guile 1.7

From: Roland Orre
Subject: I get unknown immediate error in guile 1.7
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2004 08:11:35 +0100

I've tried to get guile 1.7 work but I seem to have a problem with
loadable modules. As soon as I call a function in them I get an
"unknown-immediate" error. This possibly sounds like some include
problem but as far as I know tag principles has not changed between
1.6 and 1.7.

The most basic is readline of course as I haven't recompiled other
modules yet. About readline, the file "libtool" was not created by
autogen.sh in guile-readline so I linked to ../libtool instead.

If I load an old (1.6) libguilereadline I get segmentation fault, which
indicates some significant change. When I load the 1.7 libguilereadline
I get the errors below after (activate-readline), any ideas?
I've used gcc 3.3.2.

        Best regards
        Roland

guile-user> ERROR: In procedure apply:nconc2last:
ERROR: Wrong type argument in position 1: #<unknown-immediate 0x2974>
ABORT: (wrong-type-arg)
ERROR: In procedure %readline:
ERROR: readline is not reentrant
ABORT: (misc-error)