Re: argz SMOB

From: Daniel Skarda
Subject: Re: argz SMOB
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2004 15:08:12 +0100

> I have several libraries in use here which make database queries,
> returning all the results in an argz (actually as an envz).  I wanted to
> be able to tweak anything via guile. So I added guile to the project,
> giving me the ability to tweak from a script file without recompiling.

  Before I sent you my message, I read argz/envz description in libc reference
manual and wondered why anybody would like to use such strange data structure.
(which I still do not understand :)

  IMHO it would be better to convert output from your database queries to lists
of strings and symbols (or alists in case of envz). They are more "natural" and
"convenient" way for data representation in Scheme/Lisp and for processing
results you can use tools already present in Guile (for-each, map, fold, ...)
instead of reinventing your own for argz/envz SMOBS.

0.