Re: Scheme translator

From: Daniel Pinto de Mello e Silva
Subject: Re: Scheme translator
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 13:15:55 -0500

On Sun, 2004-01-11 at 08:21, Thien-Thi Nguyen wrote:
>    From: Daniel Silva <address@hidden>
>    Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 01:04:32 -0400 (EDT)
>
>    Scott Owens at Utah University wrote the front-end for the Python to
>    PLT Scheme compiler using his parser generator library.  Again, I
>    don't think the dependencies on PLT-specific Scheme are too deep.
>
>    I hope we can collaborate.
>
> do you still have interest in this initiative?

Yes, I am still working on the translator.  Right now I am focusing on
the foreign-function interface to C and making sure that it's
source-compatible with CPython's.

You might want to look at Dorai Sitaram's scmxlate to aid in porting:

http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/dorai/scmxlate/scmxlate.html

Daniel