Missing Pieces

From: Brian S McQueen
Subject: Missing Pieces
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 16:52:18 -0800 (PST)

Somehow I am missing out on a lot of information about guile.  For
instance, as I browsed some old email list today I see there is a function
c-string, mentioned as though it were common knowledge and part of some
familiar library.  How are new-comers to guile going to learn about all
the great things you all have produced.  Just yesterday I found out about
this:  (help cons*).  A built-in help feature and I didn't even know about
it.  I have been reading the headers for libguile, poking around in the
srfi and ice-9 scheme directories, but that is not enough.  I have read
the guile web pages many times by now.  Does anyone have any suggestions
to helping out new-comers to guile?  I guess what is needed is a book like
the old Perl 4 book where all the nooks and crannys of Perl were laid
bare - one of those O'Reilly type books.

Brian