Re: Scheme translator

From: Daniel Pinto de Mello e Silva
Subject: Re: Scheme translator
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 17:12:31 -0500

On Sat, 2004-01-24 at 16:48, Thien-Thi Nguyen wrote:
>    From: Daniel Pinto de Mello e Silva <address@hidden>
>    Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 13:15:55 -0500
>
>    You might want to look at Dorai Sitaram's scmxlate to aid in porting:
>
>    http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/dorai/scmxlate/scmxlate.html
>
> thanks for the link.  interesting.
>
> i see from the text of the scheme workshop 2003 slides relating to
> scmxlate that both SLIB and the SRFIs can potentially make scmxlate
> "obsolete".  are you currently using scmxlate for the translator?

Well, it's definitely easier to port programs that use SLIB and the
SRFIs, but as soon as you use a dialect-specific feature (e.g, I use
mzscheme's syntax-objects, parameterize, and class system) then you have
to translate that to other dialects.

I haven't used scmxlate yet as I focused mainly on getting the
translator to work in PLT Scheme first.

Daniel