Re: list building

From: Viktor Pavlenko
Subject: Re: list building
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 17:23:37 -0500

    TTN>    From: Viktor Pavlenko <address@hidden>
    TTN>    Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 22:13:05 -0500

    TTN>    What about my question about define-syntax? Can you answer
    TTN>    that?

Sorry, that was not the best way of asking for help from my side...

    TTN> here's an answer but you may not be satisfied with it:

    TTN> i played w/ the posted code briefly under guile 1.4.1.98 and
    TTN> was able to make the error into other errors by (re)moving
    TTN> the last set of ellipses to different places.

    TTN> at the moment i'm starting to learn more about define-syntax
    TTN> by reading dybvig's tspl d2 (online[1]) but that effort won't
    TTN> yield anything for awhile...  when i get a better idea of
    TTN> what is going wrong, i'll try to remember to post what i have
    TTN> discovered.

I need to learn more about that. The tspl book is useful no matter how
many times one reads it :). I think the main problem with the code I
posted was introducing local bindings from within syntax-rules() and
expecting that `...' will be magically replaced with a following local
binding. Maybe syntax-case() is the way to go.

Being very excited with Scheme I wish I had studied CS instead of
chemistry when I was younger... What other texts would be useful to
read (without being bogged in math) to understand some more difficult
aspects of Scheme (macros, continuations) better?

Best regards

--
Viktor