Re: Guile warts

From: Mikael Djurfeldt
Subject: Re: Guile warts
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 14:03:04 -0500

Andy Wingo <address@hidden> writes:

> I don't want to sound negative. I'm so much happier programming in guile
> scheme than in any other language I've tried. But I do want feedback
> from the devs: are these complaints valid, and is there anyone who is
> working on them? The boot-9 problems are prolly the worst and most
> difficult.

Although I don't have time for Guile development work right now, I
think I can speak for the other developers when saying that your
points are very valid.

Regarding the name space, this is something which should have been
done long ago.  If you want a workaround, note that you can construct
a module with hand-picked bindings:

(define-module (pure-r5rs)
  :pure
  :use-module (ice-9 r5rs))

Also lookup :select in the Guile NEWS file.